Section 1 – What do we do with your data?
When you place an order with us we collect data provided by you to allow us to process your order. This includes personal data such as name, email address, postal address etc. We do not keep payment information such as credit card details.
Our legal basis for processing this data is a contract. When you place an order with us we have a contract with you. We need to process your personal data to comply with our obligations under the contract and fulfill your order.
We will only share your personal data with a third party for the purposes of processing your order, including but not limited to, a courier company for delivery of an item, a supplier for a direct despatch of an item purchased or to register a warranty.
All of the third parties we use have privacy policies in place and will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
If you inform us there are inaccuracies in the data we hold we will update the information accordingly. If a third party is involved in processing your order we will also inform them of the changes.
We only keep your data for as long as necessary to process your order and meet any legal requirements.
Section 2 – Email marketing
If you sign up for our email newsletter we will contact you with information including sales, promotions and new articles on our blog. We only email you with information we think will be useful or of interest to you.
Our email newsletter has always been and will always be on an opt in basis. In other words we will never automatically add you to our email mailing list, you must fill in your details and give consent for us contacting you in this way.
There is an option to unsubscribe from our newsletter in every newsletter email we send making it easy for you to remove yourself from our mailing list if you no longer want to receive it.
We will never share your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Section 3 – Your rights in relation to your data
You have the following rights in relation to your data:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
- The right to access your personal data.
- The right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if incomplete, within one calendar month of your request to do so.
- The right to be forgotten and have your personal data erased, within one calendar month of your request to do so. This applies if it is no longer necessary for us to hold you data to comply with our obligations under our contract with you or if there is a legal obligation for us to do it.
- The right to restrict processing of your data.
- The right to data portability. This allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services.
- The right to object to us processing your data for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to withdraw consent at any time, where relevant. If you have signed up for our newsletter you have the right to opt out at any time and there is a link to unsubscribe at the bottom of every email we send you.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office if you think there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
Section 4 – Cookies
We use the following cookies:-
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential to the operation of our website. They allow you to log in to secure areas of the site, add items to your basket and make payments, for example.
These recognise you when you return to our website and allow us to personalise your experience.
These help us to recognise and track the number of visitors to our site and how people use our site when visiting. We can use this information to improve the way our website works.
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy at any time so please refer to it frequently. Any changes or clarification will take effect immediately when the information is updated on the website.